1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Generally. We collect personal information from our users in order to provide you with a personalised, useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we collect can include:
• Information you provide. We may collect and store personal information you enter in our Service or provide to us in some other manner, including your geographic location, email address and mobile phone number. In order to create, share and make your lite accessible to you, we collect your personal information, which is then stored and accessible only to us and our third party service providers.
• User Content. We collect your personal information contained in any User Content you create, share, store or submit to the App or website, which may include photo, video or other image files, information, data, text, scripts, graphics and interactive features generated, provided or otherwise made accessible by Lite.
• Information we receive from social networking sites. When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you login and share through Facebook, Instagram and others, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
• Metadata. Lite collects metadata associated with User Content. Metadata typically consists of how, when, where and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content has been formatted. The metadata may be accessible to others if you share the User Content with others or on third party social media sites. For the purposes of mobile marketing you may be targeted based on the metadata collected in conjunction with the information you provide.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of lite, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you relevant commercial electronic messages via SMS on behalf of others. We also require this information to permit you to share your lite capture to your contacts or social media sites. We will also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., lite link on thelite.co, download confirmations, technical and security notices).
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. A cookie conveys information to us about how you use lite (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access lite sites, and other actions you take with lite). We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access a lite website. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the App, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of lite. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for lite. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the App. We may receive reports from third party analytics providers, which we may combine with the personal data we collect from you directly.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (b) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (c) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (d) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (e) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
2. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the "Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below.
We may also share your personal information with:
• Other companies owned by or under common ownership as lite, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
• Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, content or service fulfillment, or providing analytics services;
• We will NOT sell your personally identifiable information to third parties, for example, sell “mobile” or “email” lists, your information is with lite and only lite will use it to contact you, which we may do on the behalf of third parties for commercial purposes when they have a message we think will interest you.
• Third parties at your request. For example, you may have the option to share your lite videos with your friends through email, SMS text, or various social media sites;
• The public at your request. If you interact with our site or app on social media, for example by tagging your videos #lite on Instagram, that piece of User Content will be linked to Lite on our website or social media profiles and Lite may display your User Content publicly;
• Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
3. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Marketing Communications. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you can send "unsubscribe” to the mobile number described in the commercial SMS communication sent to you. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your access to the lite you’ve created or technical and security notices.
Online Advertising and Tracking. We have implemented Google Analytics Demographic and Interest Reporting to provide site demographic reporting. Typically, the information we share with these types of third party providers is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org You can also visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ to learn how to opt-out of Google Analytics). Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
Data Retention: We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services. Following termination or deactivation of your account, lite may retain information (including User Content) for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to delete all information held. Please be aware that we will not be able to delete any content you have shared with others or with social media sites.
4. SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Lite cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
5. PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13
lite does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use the social functions of lite. With parental consent a child under the age of 13 can use the lite and it’s sharing functions. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information collected from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
lite websites may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
7. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Revision" date below and will post the updated Policy on this page.
8. CONTACTING US
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com
9. LAST REVISION DATE
This Policy was last revised on, and effective as of, 15/12/14